Friday 16 May 2014

Converting Hard Disk From MBR To GPT Without DATA LOSS

I was installing Windows 8.1 and it prompted me, it can't be installed on a MBR stated partition disk, It can only be installed on a GPT partition disk. So, Ultimately I had to change the partition state to GPT.  

There are many methods out there in the internet to convert but many cause the whole partition to be CLEANED and than changed to GPT. 

I am providing you a very simple technique to convert your MBR disk to GPT disk by using a software known as MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD.

You have to download the HOME VERSION as it is freeware. Select the whole hard disk you want to convert to GPT and on the left hand side you can see the OPERATIONS tab, Click on it and select CONVERT MBR to GPT, You're Done! Without formatting the whole DISK or data loss. 

Any queries comment below and I will solve it.

 REGARDS

 GAURAV

0 comments :

Post a Comment