Thursday 15 May 2014

WIFI Connecting Problem (Obtaining IP Address LOOP - SOLVED)


This is a very serious problem I came to know about and faced this issue many a times. Today I told myself that THIS ISSUE is gonna be sorted out. Yesterday in my laptop I was using 3G with modem and than I created a WIFI Hotspot in my laptop and tried connecting my Android to it, and guess what it was stuck at obtaining IP Address, I tried everything to get it sorted out but was not able to make it happen, I tried all the tutorials listed on the NET, BUT Failure!

So, I came up a solution by myself, experimenting 2 long hours and here how you can do it.

It doesn't matter what encryption you have configured in your WIFI, all the problem is in your android smartphone.

You have set the WIFI Hotspot in your computer,laptop etc then proceed to the steps listed below =>

1. Your android phone must be rooted to have this work, if not rooted, root your phone now!

2. Using your favorite File explorer which has root permissions go to=> /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/

3. You will find some files out there you just have to set their FILE Permission to EXECUTE by Owner,Group and Others.

4. That's it! Your done! Now turn your WIFI off and on again and connect to the desired WIFI Network. Don't be surprised that you get it connected. 

I have tested it and its working 200% :)

Having problems? Comment below and it will get sorted out.

REGARDS 

GAURAV

0 comments :

Post a Comment